In addition to the Trust objectives, at St John's 2023-2024, we plan to:
- To promote understanding and respect for differences by identifying opportunities in the curriculum to look at other cultures/countries, study famous people from ethnic minorities and with a variety of abilities and to celebrate diversity
- To monitor and analyse pupil achievement by race, gender and disability and act on any trends or patterns in the data that require additional support for pupils.
- To monitor and analyse other non-academic key indicators such as behavior records, attendance trends by race, gender and disability and act on any trends or patterns in the data that require additional support for pupils.
- To ensure that staff and governors are aware of current legislation surrounding equality and diversity and understand our responsibility in this area;
- To promote cultural understanding, awareness and tolerance within our school community;
- To promote mental health awareness and develop appropriate support and interventions as necessary;
- To continue to improve accessibility across the school site for children, staff and visitors with disabilities;
- To monitor the use of homophobic, sexist and racist language and incidents in our school and to support the victims and educate the perpetrators of such incidents appropriately;
We will report on progress against these objectives annually to Governors.