Why Join Us?
Our vision is to unlock each child’s potential, ensuring they go on to become confident, independent citizens; equipped for the challenges of the 21st century and support the development of skills to improve their world. As such, we provide an enriching experience to develop every aspect of the child and ensure they are nurtured to achieve their very best.
What we can offer your child...
- We are passionate about uncovering the unique strengths and talents of our young people whilst developing them into well rounded and resilient characters.
- Our carefully developed and engaging Curriculum develops pupils’ skills and deepens knowledge and understanding across a range of subjects.
- A broad enrichment programme complements the curriculum and encourages each individual to pursue personal interests and aspirations; from school trips and visits to numerous extra-curricular clubs, there’s something for everyone.
- Our Catholic ethos and values are at the heart of everything we do; they instil in our pupils the attitudes and beliefs required to be successful now and in the future.
- We have a supportive and dedicated team of teaching and support staff who are passionate about ensuring all pupils achieve their full potential.
- We encourage pupils to assume roles of responsibility through our teams of peer mediators, prefects, eco-warriors, young interpreters or sports leaders, which develop their leadership skills.
- Our partnerships with a range of external organisations, such as Sports PRIDE and St John’s Catholic Comprehensive, provides exciting opportunities and allows for personal development for both pupils and staff.
- From the moment pupils are offered a place to the moment they leave us, we support their transition at key stages in their education, through a transition programme, continuous monitoring and partnerships with key secondary schools.
- Being part of the Kent Catholic Schools Partnership means we can provide a wider range of opportunities and benefits to our staff and pupils; from the sharing of best practice and staff training to the sharing of resources.
“Being at St John’s School has been an inspiring experience; I have learnt lots of new things and become a hardworking and independent person, ready to achieve my dream of becoming a doctor! All of my friends and my teachers are kind and helpful, because at St John’s we care and respect each other and live the St John’s Way”.
Olivia, Year 3