St John’s boasts a state-of-the-art new building, launched in September 2019, which has been specifically designed to facilitate pupils’ learning, support extra-curricular activities and ultimately provide an innovative learning experience for our young people.
We have an abundance of indoor and outdoor space and extensive resources, including:
- Wraparound Care - breakfast and after school clubs
- School chapel
- Well-resourced classrooms each with either an interactive whiteboards or Smart TV screen
- Two large halls and multi-purpose studio
- Music studio
- Intervention and Sensory Room
- Well-stocked library
- Play therapy room with fully trained play therapist
- Multi-use games area
- Large playgrounds utilised for learning outside the classroom
- Dedicated space for pupil and teacher conferencing
- Staff PPA room
- iPads and Laptops
- Onsite nursery with separate outdoor area.
Due to our close partnership with neighbouring secondary school St John's Comprehensive, we also have access to their facilities including playing fields, climbing walls, Design and Technology suites and much more.
Our new facilities also mean that we can continue to grow as a hub for the local community. We gladly welcome local residents, businesses and other organisations to the school so they too can benefit from our excellent educational and recreational facilities.