2018-2019 SMP Priorities
The staff and governors are committed to raising standards of achievement for all the pupils. The focus for our work this year is to:
- Ensure that strategies to improve pupils’ outcomes in reading in key stage 2 are further embedded so that pupils achieve as well in reading as in writing and mathematics.
- Ensure that differences in progress and attainment between disadvantaged pupils and non-disadvantaged pupils nationally continue to diminish.
- Ensure progression and consistency in the teaching of maths to ensure that children achieve well in all aspects of the subject.
- Develop an ICT infrastructure to make our school ‘2021’ ready. Develop an ICT action plan that includes the hardware and software needed to deliver high quality teaching and learning across the curriculum.
- Promote good behaviour for learning by developing consistent and positive approaches and practices across the school.
- Ensure that regular checks are completed on all aspects of the administration of safeguarding so that these arrangements are as high in quality as the culture of safeguarding found throughout the school.
- Improve staff well-being.
- Strategically lead the school through its expansion to four form entry.