At St John's, we have a long and successful history of providing an enriching education, underpinned by high expectations that enable every pupil to thrive and achieve their potential.
Our team of dedicated and passionate staff contribute to the success of our high-achieving, respectful and ambitious pupils, as they challenge and support each of our learners to achieve their best possible outcomes.
As part of our ongoing commitment to developing the ‘whole child’, our offer extends beyond academic excellence. Our dynamic approach to the pupil experience encompasses a range of activities outside the classroom, creative teaching methods and a wide range of support tools to provide children with an in-depth education and a diverse enrichment programme, designed to enhance their learning experience.
We aim to inspire and cultivate our pupils’ passions, to enable the development of life-long skills and draw out every child’s potential.
As part of our enrichment offer, we have a number of clubs on offer to pupils, covering a range of interests:
- Bench ball
- Martial Arts
- Centre Stage
- Science club
- Homework club
Take a look at our enrichment timetable for more information.
School trips form an integral element in our curriculum and pupil experience, providing rich learning experiences, rewards and an insight into the wider world alongside a number of added benefits such as developed independence and confidence, strengthening their social, personal and emotional attributes and applying their learning to real-life situations.
- Every year group participate in at least one enrichment topic-related experience each term
- Overnight residential trip for Year 5
- 4 night residential trip for Year 6
- Swimming Year 3-5
- Reward trips related to our House System: visits to St John’s Catholic Comprehensive School for the climbing wall and inflatables, create own menu and make smoothies at Wagamama’s, trips to Flip Out! Trampoline Park and much more
- Sporting competitions
- Religious outings.
As a close-knit, catholic community, we make every effort to celebrate each other’s successes and achievements, exciting learning days, cultures and beliefs within our school community.
- Annual staff/pupil competitons
- Religious beliefs week
- Sports week
- Golden Tie celebrations
- Rewards trips
- Charity days
- Book Week
- Summer Extravaganza
- PTA events
- Weekly child-led Mass
- Whole school Mass to mark the beginning and end of the academic year
- Leavers Mass and assembly and BBQ
- Attendance at Christmas Nativity at our parish
- School performances:
- Nursery: Christmas carols
- Reception to Year 2: Nativity
- Year 3: Holy Communion
- Year 4: Christmas Carols at St John's church
- Year 5: Easter Liturgy
- Year 6: End of year musical
- Young Voices
Our broad and balanced curriculum offers suitable and appropriate learning challenges for all pupils in response to their individual learning needs.
At St John’s, every learner is provided with tailored support where necessary to ensure every pupil achieves their potential at a pace that is right for them.
A dedicated SEN team, including SEN coordinator and three Teaching Assistants support classrooms and pupils who require additional support.
What’s more, our therapy dog Winnie who is on hand to welcome staff and pupils to school, support pupils in any times of distress and provide a source of comfort for all.