At St John’s Catholic Primary School, we strive for excellence in all that we do, including the professional development of our staff team.
We take great pride in creating a rich and vibrant learning environment coupled with high standards of teaching and support, allowing every pupil to achieve their potential.
We ensure that every St John’s pupil receives a unique learning experience that is tailored to their individual skills and needs, and this approach extends to our talented teaching and non-teaching staff. Every member of the St John’s team is supported to achieve their own personal goals.
A career at St John’s offers the opportunity to make a real change to the lives and outcomes of our fantastic young people. We are a large school with a fantastic community, and as such we understand the importance of creating a positive environment for our staff, and encourage them to develop and nurture those around them. As such, we offer unique benefits to enhance the day to day working life at St Johns'.
These include, but are not limited to:
A personalised CPD package for everyone:
At St John’s we offer training for colleagues at different levels in their careers. We have calendared programmes for all staff to attend including safeguarding, specific teaching and learning and pastoral workshops:
- Strong links with KCSP Teaching School and Thames Teaching Alliance
- Kent Local Authority CPD plan
- Opportunities for gaining prestigious qualifications (eg: NPQML/NPQSL/NPQH)
- Collaborative training with local secondary schools and sharing of best practice
- Curriculum Improvement Groups for core subjects and year groups
- All new staff are allocated a mentor with weekly meetings
- 10% release time – half a day out of class per week
- Twilight training classes
- Termly training with KCSP including peer observation
- Opportunities to shadow senior members of staff and staff in different curriculum areas
And specifically for our NQTs:
- Comprehensive induction
- NQT welcome event
- Individual NQT support programme
State of the art facilities:
We are fortunate to be housed in a fantastic, state of the art new school building – and it’s not just the pupils who get to take advantage of it.
Some of the benefits of our fantastic new build include:
- Dedicated play therapy room
- A large bank of resources
- Soundproof music studio
- TV screens and touchscreen boards
And in order to make life at St John’s great for everyone, we also offer you:
- Dedicated PPA space and ½ day PPA time
- Free on-site parking
- Staff laptop with remote access
- Kent reward scheme: tickets, holidays, discounts at local venues
- Wellbeing & support network
- Childcare vouchers
- Weekly yoga and boot camp classes
- Regular celebrations of staff success inside and out of school
- Free tea and coffee!
A perfect blend of urban and rural life:
We are very much part of our local community at St John’s, and you can enjoy all the benefits of what Gravesend and the surrounding area can offer:
- 21 minutes from Kings Cross
- Close proximity to the Eurostar
- Local access to the Bluewater shopping centre
- Brand new housing developments
- Well connected transport links
- Near to the coast.