An exciting new project involving the whole school- from EYFS to KS2. This programme has been devised in collaboration with Youth Sport Trust and aims to develop the whole individual by encouraging and recognising growth, both inside and outside the classroom, in key life skills;
All children will be learning about members of the fictional LORIC family to develop themselves as both learners and people:
- How can I be a successful leader?
- Can I lead an event in my classroom?
- Can I lead an event in the playground?
- How can I be organised for school?
- How can I help other people develop organisational skills?
- Can I organise an event for other pupils?
- Can I learn a new skill?
- Can I attend an after school club for a long period of time?
- Can I develop an academic area which I find tricky?
- Can I see the problem and solve it?
- Can I help others without being asked?
- Can I identify a skill which requires development and independently try to enhance it?
- Can I clearly articulate my ideas and thoughts?
- Can I communicate complex ideas to an audience of adults and teachers?
We will focus on one key skill each term:
Autumn term 1: Olly Organisation
Autumn term 2: Charlie Communication
Spring term 1: Izzy Initiative
Spring term 2: Raj Resilience
Summer term 1: Laura Leadership
Summer term 2: Review all skills learnt