Our school was last inspected by Ofsted in July 2014, when we were pleased to be judged as good in all areas and outstanding in behaviour and safety.
Here are some comments from the Inspection Report:
- Pupils make good progress from their starting points to reach standards in English and Mathematics which are above average national rates by the end of Key Stage 2.
- The quality of teaching is consistently good, with examples of outstanding teaching throughout the school. Teachers have a very good knowledge and understanding of the different subjects they teach, and of pupils’ abilities and interests.
- Pupils have an extremely positive attitude to learning. This makes a strong contribution to their progress. They behave exceptionally well in lessons and around the school, feel completely safe and are not concerned about bullying.
- The school promotes all aspects of pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development extremely well.
- The school’s curriculum enables pupils to develop a wide range of skills and interests.
- The headteacher and his senior team have focused relentlessly and successfully on raising the quality of teaching. This has significantly improved pupils’ progress.
Our last RE Inspection was in June 2015.